10 Easy practices to have a happier day
“Happiness starts with you-not with your relationships, not with your job, not with your money, but with you.”
Happiness is something that money cannot buy. It does not always lie in big things such as when someone gifts you something or when you do something really great; life is full of happiness found in small things. One must learn to appreciate happiness found in such small things. The happiest people in the world don’t necessarily have everything. They make the best of everything they have. Listed below are some of the easiest practices to have a happier day:
- One must exercise regularly. Exercising regularly makes one fit and feel good about themselves. A study has shown that people who exercised regularly, felt good about their bodies even when they saw no physical changes. It helps you to relax, improve your brain power and even improve your body image. It also releases proteins and endorphins that make you feel happier.
- Sleeping is the best exercise. An adult body requires at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep a day. Sleep helps our bodies to recover from the stress and repair ourselves which in turn increases our productivity. Enough sleep is important for productivity and happiness.
- Spend time with your friends and family because they take you away from work and human is a social being. Fulfilling their social needs brings happiness. Fulfilling social needs is one of the parts of the pyramids that motivate an individual to work.
- Go outside: One must go outside and feel the fresh air. Going outside boosts positive mood and improves your working memory. Spending time outside makes you feel good and is a cause of happiness.
- Help other: Helping others always makes you feel good because you feel satisfied by making others smile. ‘Making others smile brings a smile on your face too’. Spending money on other people makes us happier than buying stuffs for ourselves.
- Do not forget that smile: Smile and laugh often because life is too short to worry. Smiling reduces pain but when backed by positivity; it has a tremendous influence on the persona of an individual. Smiling makes you feel good which increases your attention span.
- Planning is always fun: Planning of a trip excites you more than actually going for it because you imagine all the things that you would do on your holiday. Studies show that effect of holiday anticipation boosts happiness. We all know that we count days for holidays!
- Meditate: Meditation is the primary key to happiness because it takes away all your burden and worries and leaves you with peace and happiness. Meditation improves your clarity, focus and attention span.
- Be thankful! :. Expressing gratitude will improve your satisfaction level, because you will be able to enjoy all the things in the world.
- During a day, spare some time to engage yourself into activities that make you happy because you will be enjoying doing them and nothing feels better than doing something you love.