12 Scalable Link Building Tactics
Link building is an integral part of online marketing, which not only improves the SEO but also helps in the discovery of the website by generating leads, connecting with other publishers and building a stronger brand presence and rank. Though, natural links is what search engines prefer websites to do, artificial link building is crucial too.
There are 12 scalable link building tactics listed below, which are popularly used by agencies, SMBs. and enterprises:
- Database of Images – These are good investment opportunities where though there may be a need for a professional photographer, the tactic improves one’s link-building through links attributed to bloggers who may use the site’s premium images. There are various bloggers who need unique images so one can enter into value propositions with them to increase your conversion rate in exchange of brand visibility.
- Acquisition of Outdated Content – Many content pieces online are outdated and not maintained, which provide several opportunities for link building, wherein one can search the industry related outdated content that have natural links and try to acquire such content.
- Interviews – Posting interviews of famous industry celebrities is one of the most effective means of link building. This helps drive numerous natural links to the website.
- Online Billboards – One can distribute content by targeting long-tail search terms on content sites that have high search shares such as pages hosted by sites like Pinterest, Youtube, and Scribd.
- Google+ Shares – Google+ posts pass link equity as these links are followed. Thus, the more Google+ posts are shared within social media, the more high-value links one is able to obtain if one of the website’s is within Google+.
- Republishing Viral Posts – Platforms like Facebook and Tumblr provide inspiration to others for linkable content. Republishing is popular in social media and ethical if the original content source is attributed and involves finding the popular contents posted on these platforms related to the business and republishing the same on the site.
- Reverse Guest-Blogging – Guest blogging involves inviting industry guest bloggers to contribute free to the site, which helps in keyword (long-tail) ranking and absorbing the guest author’s fans when they share the links.
- Reverse Engineering – Learning about the competitors’ sources for obtaining links by building relationships with them helps in competing with other brands, analyzing the competitors’ sources and determining the sources that best work for the website.
- Content Discovery – Developing website content helps in attracting natural links. One can promote the site’s content and traffic by using methods such as – linker outreach by finding readers who are interested in the content, related discussions and other means like guest blogs and slideshows.
- Long-tail Link Building – This refers to finding online discussions on forums that are product relevant and make contributions to it.
- Static Marketing – Consistency in performance of off-site marketing activities helps in brand recognition with various initiatives such as aesthetics, naming, and brand identity.
- Link Reclamation – This is the oldest method of link building where links to the website are broken by linking to wrong URLs or unlinked brand names. This method has a high conversion rate.