BANISH BACNE IN NO TIME
“Bacne” is another term for back acne or body acne. It tends to form on the back and upper arms and can take several forms like pimples, pustules and cysts, which certainly are painful and form deep under the skin’s surface. In a tropical country like India almost every other person suffers from back acne as for environmental factors can also trigger a condition called ‘acne mechanica’, in which acne occurs on the areas of the body where the skin is more susceptible to heat, pressure or friction. Pollution and high humidity act as catalysts in the creation of clogged pores and breakouts.
Yet, if somebody has never suffered from back acne, he truly might be a star child for that reason alone. Acne is peculiar to all age groups but particularly teenagers suffer from acne the most due the increased level of hormones in their body. Short of hormonal levels, there are a few other causes that may trigger the growth of acne on your body which could be genetic, smoking cigarette and other psychological factors like high stress levels.
Getting rid of acne primarily requires keeping your skin clean. It is good to wash the affected area twice a day with a mild soap. Remember not to scrub your skin too hard while cleansing it. If your skin is too dry, use an emollient. If your acne appears to be more severe you can try the following remedies that get rid of your back acne with efficacy:
- Using benzoyl peroxide bathing soap and a salicylic acid peel in an interval of 15 days can improve the condition. It helps reduce inflammation and unclog pores.
- A topical combination of clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide or retinoic acid derivative.
However, if you do not wish to visit your pharmacist or doctor, the following remedies with less or almost no effort will help you ease your back acne:
- Change your skin’s pH– pH or the alkalinity of your skin is a major factor in creating the conditions for the back acne to appear on your skin. The ideal pH of 4.7 is beneficial for overall skin’s health. To change your body’s pH level to the ideal level , spray the equally proportioned solution of water and apple cide vinegar and spray it on your body before going to bed.
- Medicated body wash– wash your body with an oil free medicated body wash, with an active ingredient of 2% salicylic acid. Apply gently on the acne and let it stay for a couple of minutes for the medicine to sink in. wash it later.
- Apply retinol cream– applying retinol cream on your back acne exfoliates your skin and prevents back acne.
- Tea tree oil– tree tea oil acts as an antiseptic and disinfects the pores. Applying a drop of tree tea oil to the affected area three times a day kills the bacteria that causes the acne.
- Baking soda– sodium bicarbonate or baking soda as we know it, works as a gentle exfoliant for your skin and removes dead skin. It has anti inflammatory and anti septic properties which makes it an excellent home remedy for clearing back acne. It also regulates the pH balance of the body.
- Take certain precautionary measures to be on the safe side
- Wear a clean bra
- Always shower after sweating
- Change your laundry detergent. Sometimes it may cause an allergy which is why you might suffer from back acne.
- Wash your sheets regularly
Back acne usually appears in the summer time. Make sure to always wear clean and dry clothes. Take shower after profuse sweating, try to avoid stepping out in the sun unnecessarily. Stay bacne free.