Evolution of the iPhone models
- The iPhone made its debut with its trademark home button, a 5-inch display, metal casting and touch screen.
- The second phone – iPhone 3G/ iPhone 3GShad new features such as a plastic rear, net connectivity – 3G, third-party applications and GPS. It also introduced a choice of colour – white. The 3GS model had a silver text colour, speed improvements and a 3-megapixel camera with a video recording and voice control option.
- The iPhone 4/ iPhone 4Swas redesigned with a square, flat look made of stainless steel and glass. It included FaceTime with a front camera and 5 MPs camera with LED flash. The 4S model included a faster processor, 8 MPs camera and SIRI, the digital assistant.
- The iPhone 5was redesigned with a lightweight, 4-inch all aluminium display. It also introduced Apple’s Lightning Connector and EarPod Headphones.
- iPhone 5C, was made to be a budget phone with a plastic rear, similar features and varied colors.
- iPhone 5Sredefined the Home Screen button for the first time with a Fingerprint sensor to unlock along with a Gold colour option.
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus redefined the phone’s size with a 7 and 5.5-inch display.