How can Scale Content Marketing
One of the biggest issues for content marketers is the lack of time to create an impact on the reader as their attention span is being significantly compressed due to bandwidth. In order to improve this, listed below are 10 steps one can take to scale their content marketing strategy to more effective and efficient ways.
- Initial Content Marketing Strategy – One should document an already prepared content marketing strategy that aligns with the organizational goals for an adequate period, which can be done with:
- Alignment of the content with organizational goals and proper resource allocation;
- Achievement of better results by mapping content to seasonality;
- Addressing the gaps of the content with a plan.
- Production Process Development – Then one must ensure that the development is in the process of creation, distribution, and measurement.
- Writer Specialization – Projects should be delegated to writers who have expertise in the subject matter so as to produce well-written content. If the team is small, necessary training can be provided to the writers to develop their skills.
- Editorial Meetings – Regular editorial meetings along with the content producers should be held to foster creativity with brainstorming sessions, discover unique brand tactics, evaluate strengths and areas of improvement in the existing contents, discuss the latest industry news and events and provide a forum for strategizing.
- Expert and User Feedback–One can include various parties into the content marketing process such as sales, experts, and customers and take advantage of their feedback and content. This will add authenticity with first-hand experiences to the content and bring about better relationships.
- Reduce and Reuse – One can reuse and repurpose the content in new ways with lesser efforts by splitting larger content into smaller blog posts, write individualistic sections’ posts and split the content to the next month’s posts. This process helps in getting more response from each topic while making the re-worked content relevant and targeted.
- Budget – Greater budget obtained from internal resources by keeping them involved in the future goals and conversations and sharing current winning performance helps increase the marketing efforts, which can include videos and infographics.
- Be Selective – The projects which are capable of delivering the most value should be selected for publishing. One should map the existing content and then prioritize the topics post evaluating the content’s past performance.
- Usage of Data – One can track the content performance with quantitative data and use this data to allocate resources to the best performing subjects. The objectives and organizational goals could serve as benchmarks for content success, which can be compared with the current activities performance. Regular schedules may be created for such measurements.
- Revamped Content Marketing –One should take adequate measures to leverage the content to reach its highest potential in the future by creating integrated content strategies with best practices such as social media, SEO, blogging, PR, email marketing and marketing automation.
Scaling and re-evaluating one’s content marketing strategy may seem unsustainable, but it is inevitable as the brand is continuously looking for subscribers, sales, and visitors. Thus, one needs to prepare themselves with an efficient team and strategy that can meet any challenge.