Effective Ways On How To Get Rid Of Whiteheads
Acne, pimples, and whiteheads are some of the most common facial problems bugging not just only teenagers but people from all age group as well. Most of us had our fair share of having to deal with our adolescent phase filled with facial issues and it is not very easy. There are a lot of products and articles on how to get rid of these facial problems, but a very few seems to be legitimate.
For the sake of those who are having trouble in finding effective means to treat their skin diseases, this article might help you. It provides you with the very basic information about whiteheads, what causes these, and what are the effective means of getting rid of them.
What are Whiteheads?
As another type of acne, whiteheads appear to be whitish or yellowish in color. According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitehead), these are caused by blocked sebaceous duct or sweat of the skin. It is medically referred to as a blocked comedo.
A comedo on the other hand refers to a clogged pore in the skin that can either be open or closed. If a comedo is open, it usually results into blackhead. On the other hand, if it is open, then it is called a whitehead. The debris of the skin or the keratin blends with the oil, thus, blocking the hair follicle. Whiteheads usually occur when oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria are stuck within these hair follicles. These whiteheads are usually found on the area of the face, especially in the chin, cheeks, nose, and forehead.
What are the Main Causes?
There are various reasons why whiteheads appear on a person’s skin. This may be because of the changes that occur in the body, acne, stress and anxiety, or diet.
- Diet – It should be well noted that the food a person takes in create a great impact on the bodily processes and reflects easily on one’s skin and entire body. If one likes eating too much oily food, chances are he or she is likely to develop a whitehead.
- Changes that occur in the body – When a person hits his or her puberty stage, it basically means a rage of bodily hormones. Hormonal imbalance may lead to too much production of oil in the face which may eventually lead into whiteheads. In addition, those who are going through their menopausal stage may also observe growth of whiteheads in their skin.
- Dirty Linens and Pillowcases – It should be noted that your face is as close to the linens, fabrics and pillowcases whenever you are sleeping. In this regard, dirty beddings may add up to the reason why you are acquiring such facial problems because bacteria and dirt are easily transferred directly unto your face.
- Stress and anxiety – Too much stress and anxiety may also cause whiteheads on a person’s skin since bodily toxins are needed to be released. Stress may be caused by an uneventful happening in a person’s life such as death, too much work, and breakup, among others.
- Acne – Whenever dead skin cells, bacteria, and oil are trapped in the hair follicles or pores, the whiteheads may or may not be accompanied by acne. As one may observe, a pimple or zit is likely to develop especially in oily areas of the face.
- Poor Hygiene – Poor hygiene may also cause a person’s facial issues like not washing the face before going to bed. In addition, dirty hair may also add up to the reason since the hair is very close to a person’s face.
What are some of the tips on how to get rid of whiteheads?
Based on the list of the common causes and reasons why whiteheads appear on your skin, below are some of the effective treatments or remedies that one may resort to get rid of whiteheads.
- Be mindful of your diet. As mentioned above, your diet and the food you eat may or may not cause your facial problems. Having said this, it is important to always incorporate fruits and vegetables in your diet since these foods are rich in vitamins and minerals that are needed to have healthy and glowing skin. You may choose avocado, oranges, sweet potatoes, and tomatoes, broccoli, and spinach since these are rich in Vitamin D and E.
- Always observe proper hygiene. Wash your face regularly with soap and water to get rid of all the dirt that you acquire from outside. You may also apply moisturizer on your face to prevent it from drying up since whiteheads are likely to develop with dry face. Also, see to it that you wash your hair regularly.
- Remember to replace your beddings such as pillows and blankets at least weekly.
- Keep yourself hydrated to wash away all the toxins in the body. See to it that you drink plenty of water, at least 8 to 10 glasses of it every day.
- If you need to do make-up at work or in school, try those products that are oil-free. In this way, you may prevent the further addition of excess oil in your face. Also, use sunscreen with UV protection to prevent your skin from drying up. Do not forget to remove your make-up using cleansers that are gentle in the face.
What are some of the Home Remedies Used to Treat Whiteheads?
You can also treat whiteheads using the ingredients you can find at home. Basically, these ingredients are applied and washed directly in the face and rinsed off with water afterwards. The following are some of the commonly used ingredients for whiteheads treatment:
- Egg and honey
- Baking Soda
- Lemon Juice
- Rice Scrub
- Apple cider vinegar
- Tea Bags
- Aloe Vera
- Oatmeal Scrub
- Warm towel
- Garlic Scrub
If you find this article helpful and you have anything in mind that you want to share, kindly feel free to leave a comment in the comments section below. We will be more than happy to read them. Other readers may find them useful as well.