Off-Page SEOs in 2016
Search Engine Optimizations (SEOs) are one of the most effective methods to improve the traffic volume to a website by obtaining a high ranking in the Search Engine Results Page (SERP) of Google, Yahoo,and others. SEOs usually adopt two techniques to improve their website position in SERPs namely:
- ON-Page SEO – This refers to all the things done withinone’s own website such as the title, content description, image, internal linking, etc. In other words, it means building the website so as to make it more search engine friendly; and
- Off-Page SEO – This technique popularizes the website on the internet ensuring more visibility. This helps improve the website’s position on the SERPs.
Some of the off-page SEO techniques adopted include:
- Social Media – This is one of the major techniques adopted, where engagement with people on numerous social media platforms is encouraged. This presence helps to grow the business and obtain more back links. Some of the top social networking sites include Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, etc.
- Social Bookmarking Sites – This is a good way to promote the website whereby, one bookmarks the webpage of famous social bookmarking websites so as to obtain higher traffic on the site/ blog. Some of the popular bookmarking websites include www.delicious.com, www.stumbleupon.com, etc.
- Article Submissions – One should submit articles in well-known article submission directories with links to the website. The content should be of good quality and unique. The popular free article submission sites include www.thefreelibrary.com, www.hubpages.com, etc.
- Forums – Participating in website-related business forums help to build connections with relevant communities by replying to threads, comments, answering people’s questions and giving advice. Known forums include www.flickr.com/forum, www.addthis.com/forum, www.careerbuilder.com, etc.
- Question and Answers – Question and Answer websites pull a large amount of traffic where one can search for questions related to the particular business, blog or website and give defined answers. This helps to bring about more visibility and obtaining natural links. The popular Q&A websites are www.answers.yahoo.com, www.ehow.com, etc.
- Directory Submission – This builds quality back links with the use of an effective directory. Though, it is a little time-consuming, the results stay for a longer time period. Some of the free directory submission lists include www.Technorati.com, www.elecdir.com, etc.
- Image Submission – Sharing images post optimizing them with URLs and title captions on renowned image submission websites such as flickr.com, Instagram.com, tumblr.com, etc. builds popularity.
- Video Submission – Uploading quality videos with a good title, description, and reference links is a sure way to make videos popular. Some of these sites include youtube.com, vimeo.com, metacafe.com, etc.
- Document Sharing – Attractive business-related documents with unique content in either pdf or ppt formats should be submitted to document sharing websites such as www.slideshare.net, www.scribd.com, etc.
- Infographics Submission – Infographics have gained popularity in the recent times. They should be creative in nature and include reference links to the website. These should be uploaded on infographics submission websites such as www.reddit.com, www.submitinfographics.com, www.infographiclove.com, etc.
Both On-page and Off-page SEOs provide a better ranking to the website’s SERPs. Every business is unique hence; one needs to properly assess the right strategy to tailor their needs.