SEO Secret: How to Rank for Competitive Keywords
The right keyword can at times be the primary reason for having a website on the first page of Google for a given search term. Ranking for keywords in an organic
search is a regular, continuous activity. A website may not always get the feasible results, but if one puts adequate efforts into content marke
ting and SEO, rankings, traffic, and sales may happen. There are various steps to rank the keywords in Google such as:
- Preliminary Work – This refers to ensuring the basic requirements are in order such as – a strong, renowned website that follows the SEO practices, a built-in network in which one can share new content with a good audience and blog following and proper relationship building.
- Initial Keyword Research – One should use several keyword tools to analyze the search volume for each keyword and the competition before finalizing the right keyword choice. The main considerations to keep in mind include –relevant keywords that are involved with the business and website ranking. One should also make a list of the close alternatives to the primary keyword that will help in writing the content at a later stage.
- Check the Competition – Post decision on the keyword, one should do a search on various known search engines to check the competition. Special attention should be made to the domains and URLs, type of high-ranking content, attractive titles, high-ranking businesses and the sites’ authorities and rankings.
- Intent – The keyword should be as specific as possible to the searcher’s intent, which helps one to know what exactly the searcher is looking for and provide the same. Intent means what the person using the search option really wants. Every website wants to be that one result that satisfies the searcher’s actual need.
- Content Concept–Post the above, one should form the plan for the actual content that will rank best for the chosen keyword. The various pathways for ranking the keywords includes blog posts, articles, product pages, index or directories, infographics, guides, videos, etc.
- Execute – The execution should involve high quality contents, which search engines usually look for that benefits the searcher.
- Optimize Keywords – The content should be optimized in the process of creation itself, rather than post the same. The keywords should be leveraged in the content and abide by Google guidelines. Image file names, though not visible to users increase the keyword ranking.
- Publish – This step should be properly scheduled depending on the content type if it’s pertaining to the current news or trend. One can also coordinate with PR or other stakeholders during the launch.
- Promotion – Immediately after publishing, one should do some media outreach prior to the actual launch of the product/ content so as to get a good keyword ranking. Some methods, which one can adopt includes sharing content through business accounts such as Twitter, LinkedIn, etc; building links; etc.
- Analyze – Analyzing data of one’s content and ranks, which will help in better rankings for the future post.