Techniques to get that dandruff out fast!
Are you dying to wear your black t-shirt for a cool punk rock party, but you’re afraid of what might happen? Do you feel like grabbing that little black dress from your wardrobe for your best friend’s birthday, but you can’t, because you’re petrified of those little white flakes? How many bottles of that special shampoo rumored to be the remedy for those problems must’ve been hopelessly finished by you?
Yes, dandruff can be your worst nightmare. But, fret not, because we have just the right solutions for it. You can call these solutions backyard science crossed with life hacks, because almost everything in this article is already at your house.
- Mouthwash: Yeast is one of the main causes of dandruff. Your alcoholic mouthwash can be a quick fix for this, as fungus gets heavily affected by it. Just use a normal shampoo on your hair, and follow up with the mouthwash. Use a conditioner to achieve the perfect result
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is one of the oldest tried-and-tested formulas out there. Most schools across India have made it compulsory for little kids to oil their hair, which is only beneficial because it prevents your scalp from drying up, while leaving your hair soft and smooth.
- Aspirin: One of the key ingredients of aspirin is salicylic acid, which in turn is the key ingredient in most anti-dandruff shampoos in the market. Grind a tablet (or two) and use it with your daily shampoo. Massage your hair along with it for approximately three minutes, and you can expect visible results within a week.
- Aloe vera: Itching is one of the consequences of dry hair, and the more you itch, the more the flakes will spread. Aloe vera has cooling properties that will ensure that you won’t feel like scratching. You can either apply aloe vera before you shampoo, or just apply it as it is.
- Garlic/Honey: Yes, raw garlic is super smelly, but when mixed with honey, it becomes bearable. Bearable enough to exercise this mixture’s superpower to kill bacteria on your scalp, and leaving you with a flake-free head.
- Egg/Curd: Eggs are filled with proteins (egg whites, to be specific), that does away with split ends and weakened hair. Along with curd, you have a potent mix that is sure to leave your hair strong and shining. All you’ve got to do is leave the mix on your hair for about fifteen minutes, and rinse it away with cold water for best results.
- Hair massages: Sometimes, old ways are the best, and simple hair massages can do wonders to your scalp. Use around three fingers and press your head. Keep moving your fingers in concentric circles till your entire head is covered. Circulation of blood is increased as a result, and your scalp stays strong. You could also couple it up with almond or coconut oil for better results.
So, here are some of the best ways to help you gain back the confidence you need, to wear those fancy black clothes of yours.