Using Modern SEO to Build Brand Authority
Today, Internet marketing is one of the most effective means of promoting one’s brand by increasing the traffic volume through tactics and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques.
The business space being highly competitive today, it is important for companies to build deeper and healthier brands and relationships with their customers through social media and content creation tools.
- Publish Articles – In order to promote one’s brand, there is a need to put up newsletters, articles, blogs, Facebook and twitter posts, etc. so as to get sufficient brand recognition. Thus, the content of the posts one publishes is critical as well as testing of its effectiveness and management.
Though, publishers understand the importance of content marketing for brand building, they are often faced with challenges, which need prior addressing such as relevant content, shortage of resources, and good content writers, regulatory compliance.
- Formulate Goals – The first step to start one’s content marketing program is to set specific and measurable goals of what one wishes to achieve which forms the basis of the writing and publishing content. Customer engagement and awareness helps to increase customer brand loyalty, revenues and in turn bring about success.
- Usage of Multiple Channels – In order to build the brand, the publisher is expected to use multiple channels of digital media such as social media, websites, emails, newsletters, and blogs so as to offer customers with additional touch points. For example, blogs are critical for retaining customers who visit a website, whereas newsletters help in tracking customers and their content specific requirements.
The content used should be appropriate to the communication channel adopted. Facebook would have images, videos and short messages to attract fans’ attentions while newsletters and blogs would have longer content. In addition to the above, the timing for spreading the message across channels should be well decided with the same message not being displayed on different channels simultaneously. Multiple touch-points should be adopted with the right message being displayed on the right channel.
- Execution of the Content Marketing Plan – Development of an editorial calendar facilitates the effective execution of the content marketing plan, which is a schedule of topics and themes that need to be addressed hence, requiring a regular supply of content. This calendar also outlines the responsibility of each content article and their tentative publishing dates. Based on one’s preferences, the calendar can be created for any period, quarterly or otherwise.
This tool helps publishers to determine their resources’ requirements for smooth execution while facilitating the easy tracking of schedules and deadlines for content submission.
- Measurement Effectiveness of the Program – Goals which were pre-determined need to be measured for their effectiveness once the program is in the process. These may be measured by one’s own parameters as well as built-in measurement tools available across channels.
For example, Google Analytics is a tool that provides insight on the content driving traffic and website performance, while Twitter and Facebook both measure followers and their geographic and interests. Newsletters provide data on delivery statistics, time and recipient of a content reader, open rates and the return paths taken by readers to a website.