How to get rid of puffy eyes
Puffy eyes can be a serious problem during the day. You don’t want the bags under your eyes to swell up before you go to school, college or office. They look really ugly, and you look tired and weary when eye bags appear.
There are various causes of puffy eyes, and if these keep happening to you, it is a serious cause for concern. Some of them include crying the night before, dermatitis, taking too much stress, genetics, weather changes, hangovers, and allergic reactions to name a few.
However, there’s no need to worry, because there are several ways to get rid of puffy eyes and make sure they never trouble you again. Though one of the main solutions is to take good care of yourself, here are some remedies that might help get rid of eye bags:
- Chilled spoons: An ingenious way to forcibly reduce the effects of dark circles and puffy eyes. Take a handful of steel spoons and put them in the fridge for about ten to fifteen minutes. After that. take the head of the spoon and place it on the eye bag for some time till it gets warm. Repeat this process a few times till you feel a little more relaxed.
- Potatoes: Starch is known to have anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the size of the bags under your eye. Potatoes also keep dark circles away. The directions are as follows: peel a regular sized potato and wash it. Wait till he dries, use a grater to grate it, and gather the shavings. Now, take a clean cloth, place the shavings in it, and tie the cloth up. Hold the cloth against your eyelids for some time. Keep doing this till your eyes become less puffy. After this, your eyes will look more radiant and you’ll feel fresher.
- Cucumbers: Countless beauty parlors you visit have two or more ladies seated on a leather recliner, with cucumbers on their eyes. Even in the movies, spas are filled with people sleeping with slices of this juicy green fruit resting comfortably on their eyes. Well, cucumbers have their advantages too. Its coolness spreads around your eye, making them burn a little less, and relaxing the muscles too. Cut two slices of the fruit and put it against your eye bags for around twenty-five to thirty minutes. Close your eyes and relax in the process. After you’re done, wash your face with cold water for a much more rejuvenated feeling.
- Teabags: Tea has natural properties that help soothe the tension in your eyes. Take two teabags, wet them in some cold water and put them in your fridge. Get them out after ten minutes and put them on your eyes for half an hour. Rinse your face after you’re done, and dry thoroughly. This will ensure that you stay fresh before going to work. Green tea bags will also do, because of its herbal properties.
- Water: Keep drinking lots of water to reduce the number of times you get puffy eyes. If you think your eyes are sagging a bit, always reach out for a glass of water to keep them from drooping.
Listed here are some sure-shot techniques that will ensure that your eyes stay sag-free and that you always feel fresh and relaxed.