YouTube success stories
With more than 1 billion users, who watch hundreds of millions of hours on YouTube and generate billions of views, YouTube is not only a random video hosting platform. It also gives you an opportunity to achieve fame and money by posting your videos and inspire you to get your name into the list of success stories of YouTube.
Each year many people try their luck by posting random videos, with the vision of massive followings, big paychecks and bright future. But as we all know it is not easy to get name, fame, money and success. One needs to work hard with some favorable luck. Many people fail to achieve desired results, but there are some YouTube success stories as well.
Here is the list of top examples of viral success through YouTube
- Ted Williams (nicknamed Ted “Golden Voice” Williams) – He has 13,870,000 YouTube hits on his video. He is an American radio host and voice-over artist. His life started falling apart after drug and alcohol abuse. Williams gained media attention when an interview made when he was homeless went viral on YouTube (posted in early January 20011) and he received numerous offers for job. He also co-authored A Golden Voice: How Faith, Hard Work, and Humanity Brought Me from The Streets to Salvation, with Bret Witter.
- Atomic Tom – the New York based band got fame in 2010 by posting their new video on YouTube in 2010. This idea gave them a good publicity that they were looking for. Due to this video they got their break and their first album ‘The Moment’ was released on iTunes and Amazon.
- A company in lighting manufacturing industry that serves industrial lightning uploaded their product marketing video on YouTube and that became an overnight success. This video generated long-term marketing results.
- Pomplamoose – it is an American musical duo of real life couple, Nalaty Dawn and Jack Conte is well known for their versatile music. They uploaded their primary videos over YouTube in 2008 and till 2009 they sell approx. 100000 songs online.
- Freddie Wong – she got her first break for an upcoming movie (Cowboys and Aliens) of Jon Favreau, starring Daniel Craig. This success was because of the videos which she uploaded over YouTube that were full of impressive special effects and humor. Her videos have 319 million likes and 1.8 million subscribers.
- Zero Punctuation – a video filled with rapid talking and lots of visual gags, was uploaded on YouTube by an amateur game developer, Ben “Yahtzee” Croshaw. A month later the online magazine offered him a contract to produced weekly episodes.
- Michelle Phan – she used to upload her makeup tutorials on youtube. She now owns a skin care line and recently released her new website michellephan.com.
There are also few dancers who are getting fame by uploading their tutorials on YouTube’s dance channel.People even run their cookery shows by uploading recipes videos on YouTube. Such videos attract more users.