How to get rid of blackheads
The difference between blackheads and whiteheads are that blackheads are oxidized whiteheads. When the pore is left open, the oil on the pore gets oxidized by the air, and the spot turns black, resulting in blackheads. They make your nose and face very rough, and trying to scrub them away will only make the situation worse, because the skin will dry up and more oil will form, resulting in even more spots popping up. Also, you will be rewarded with a red patch that will haunt you all day.
Blackheads are a little tricky to fix, given their nature. We’ve, however, come up with solutions that will make the removal a little less tricky, and a little more peaceful.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are very effective solutions to treat black spots. Mash them and apply the resulting paste as a peel for your nose and face. Apply more quantities on places where the blackheads are high in density. Let the mixture stay overnight if possible. After this, blackheads will peel away from the skin surface on their own.
- Water treatment: To prevent blackheads from further appearing, wash and rinse your face with water twice a day.
- Lemon: Lemon is an antiseptic cum antioxidant. Though a little acidic (which irritates the skin), lemon is a good home remedy for blackheads. The acidity can be controlled by diluting lemon juice with water. Add salt to the dilution for better results. Wash your face with this dilution, and leave it on overnight. You can wash it off with normal water when you wake up. This is the perfect solution for a nice, glowing skin.
- Sweat: A rather unconventional and amusing way to clear spots, sweat can reduce blackheads too. If you sweat a lot, it can clean up and flush your pores, making them softer, though you must wash your face after sweating, otherwise dried sweat will cause more pores to occur, reversing the effect. You can either decide to exercise, or you can go to a sauna. Get some sweat going on your face, wash it with water, and clean your face with a fresh towel.
- Steam: Steam helps reduce the number of black spots by softening dead cells on your face that might cause blackheads by filling pores. Boil some water, pour it into a container, take a towel, and put your face at the mouth of the container. Be careful not to burn your skin, or you’ll get rashes. After finishing, wash your face with warm water and then dab it with the towel. Repeat this process as per your convenience. Don’t overdo it, as there’s a risk of burning your skin by mistake.
- Turmeric: Turmeric can help get rid of spots too. Make a paste by adding some mint juice to turmeric powder, and apply it on the heads. Leave it like that for some minutes, and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Toothbrush: Apply some toothpaste on the toothbrush and scrub the blackheads for some time. Be careful not to use the paste near the eyes, because they might just irritate them. Keep washing the toothbrush with boiling water to keep it sanitized.
So, these are the tips to ensure that your face remains blackhead-free, and your face remains crystal clear.