KISS GOODBYE TO THE ABHORRENT BLACKHEADS
Blackheads are the first stage of acne. A blackhead or a comedo is a widened hair follicle filled with skin debris (keratin), bacteria and oil. Au contraire to its name, blackheads can be sometimes yellow in color but are usually black because the sebum, (skin oils) contains melanin,( which gives our skin its color), oxidizes (turns dark) when exposed to air. It is to be noted that blackheads are only black and not dirty and ergo, scrubbing will not remove them.
However, there are certain infallible remedies to get rid of the blackheads like:
- Honey and milk pore strips– both milk and honey are goof for skin. Lactic acid in milk keeps your skin satin like smooth and honey has antibacterial properties that prevents the burgeoning the blackheads and acne. Mix them together to create an unfailing remedy.
- Prepare a mixture with one tablespoon of organic raw honey and one tablespoon of milk. Heat it in the microwave for 10 seconds and mix it once again.
- Apply a thin layer of mix on the blackheads and gently pat a strip of dry cotton onto it.
- Let it dry, and wash it off after 20 min and apply a moisturizer later.
- Lime juice– lemon juice acts as a natural astringent and banishes the blackheads in no time. Soak a cotton ball in lime juice and rub it on your blackheads before going to bed. Doing this 3-4 times a week on a regular note will make your blackheads go away. Remember to rise off your face before and after applying the lemon juice.
- Sugar scrub– sugar acts as a good natural exfoliant to remove your blackheads.
- Mix one cup of sugar with 4 tablespoons of jojoba/olive oil.
- Rinse your face and massage the scrub in gentle circular motions on the blackheads. Repeat this 2-3 times a week to get fairer results.
- Steam– steam softens the dead skin cells that fill inside the skin pores and is the root cause of blackheads.
- Apply steam on your face for 5-10 minutes to loosen up the pores.
- Rinse your face with warm water when you’re done. Apply moisturizer.
- Green tea– green tea serves a plethora of benefits from reducing fat to improving brain function but do you know that green tea also helps you to get rid of your blackheads? Green tea scrub deep cleanses your skin and unclog all the pores.
- Create a paste of dry green tea leaves and water.
- Rub this paste on your blackheads for about 2-3 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Clay mask-
- Prepare a mixture of the cosmetic clay powder with water and add some apple cider vinegar to it.
- Apply this paste on your blackheads and let it stay for 10-15 minutes.
- Once it dries out, wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Nutmeg solution and milk– a mix of both these ingredients acts as an excellent exfoliant. Scrubbing the mixture on your face will remove the dead skin cells and other impurities.