STEER CLEAR OF THE ZIT-POPPING
Pimples, zits, acne, pustule, hickey, papule etc. are few of the many words in English language that goes on petrifying people around the world. Nobody likes a pimple on their pretty face, not only because it mars their immaculate look but also because, well, there is no reason to love a pimple, is there? No matter how hard you try to look your best, a teeny-tiny pus filled pimple can wreck all your efforts in a jiffy.
It all begins when those ugly blackheads or whiteheads start to appear on your skin and in no time it turns into an angry red pus filled pimple. This is the stage in the life cycle of the pimple where you might want to stand in front of a mirror and pop the pimple to annihilate its existence like it was never there to begin with. But trust me that is the last thing you would want to do once you become aware of its fatal repercussions. A pimple is nothing but a sack that holds oil, debris, and acne bacteria. When you poke your pimple’s outer skin, all the bacteria junk oozes out and God forbid, if that junk settles inside the other pores, it may lead to more pimples growing on your face. Or even worse, the bacteria on your finger may cause the pimple to become more red, inflamed, swollen and infected and may even lead to permanent scarring.
Thankfully there are other ways to get rid of the pimples which involves no pricking, poking or prodding and makes your skin smooth and flawless just the way it used to be. The best part is that these will make your pimples go away very fast:
- Benzoyl peroxide– Benzoyl peroxide kills the bacterium that leads to pimple formation. It also peels away the layers of dead skin and leave brighter and rejuvenated skin in its place.
- Toothpaste– There might be a two-fold rise in the usage of your toothpaste. Besides, brushing your teeth it also helps in getting rid of the pimples fast. Note that you use white glue toothpaste instead of gel based toothpaste. Apply some toothpaste on your pimple before going to bed and wash it with cold water in the morning and voila hasta la vista
- Egg whites– the protein rich egg whites might do the job. Apply the egg whites on your pimple before going to bed using your fingers and let it stay for the night. Wash your face in the morning with lukewarm water to get a flawless face.
- Steam to get rid of the pimples overnight– steam is wonderful for your skin and removes pimples very fast. Steaming helps your skin breathe by opening your skin pores and thus removes all the oil, dirt and bacteria trapped inside your pores, which causes the pimples in the first place. After steaming your face for a couple of minutes rinse your face with warm water and after drying your face apply an oil free moisturizer.
- Sea salt– the anti bacterial property of the sea salt will kill the bacteria that causes pimple and dry out the pimple, leaving a smooth skin. Mix a teaspoon of sea salt with two tablespoons of warm water. Use a Q- tip to apply the salt water directly to the pimple. Do not rinse off.
- Apply astringents– Astringents contain antimicrobial agents that helps in reducing the size of the pimple. You can either use store bought astringents that contains benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid or even natural astringents like lemon will do the job.
- Garlic can get rid of the pimples– the anti bacterial properties of garlic helps in fighting the pimples quickly.
- Take some fresh garlic and extract the juice out of it by grinding it.
- Dilute the garlic by adding few drops of water
- Add some aloe vera gel into it and apply on the affected areas.
Take a few simple precautions and you can stay pimple free. Wash your face twice a day, wash your hands and keep them clean, use oil free makeup, avoid too much exposure of the sun and never try to pop it.
Next time you have a pimple try not to be nitpicky about it, try these remedies and watch these pimples evanesce in a jiffy.